The CSO FfD Group will promote, facilitate and coordinate civil society’s participation to the ECOSOC Forum on FfD, with the facilitation of the Addis Ababa CSO Coordination Group (ACG) and the Rapid Response Group (RRG) – its two main facilitating groups:
- Letter on modalities: The CSO FfD Group prepared a formal letter to the President of ECOSOC and the two Co-Facilitators on the Forum modalities in order to ensure civil society’s access to documentation, speaking slots, meeting facilities, etc. (to be posted as soon as finalized);
- Collective preparatory process: A substantive and participatory preparatory process is being initiated on the GSEG list in order to articulate a common vision of the CSO FfD Group and the specific “asks” that we will put forward collectively. More information will be posted as the process unfolds;
- Registration and application for Special Events Tickets: This is being clarified with the FfD Office and information will soon be posted on how to register and appky for access credentials (for those civil society representatives with no UN ground pass);
- Pre-meeting and daily briefings: A one-day civil society preparatory meeting will be organized the day before the Forum, on Sunday April 17. In addition, daily morning and evening coordination briefings will be organized (more information will be posted as soon as the room logistics is confirmed. An end-of-Forum assessment will be organized on April 20 evening (6-8PM NY-time);
- Meeting with Co-Facilitators: A briefing session with the two Co-Facilitators has already been confirmed for Tuesday, April 19, 9-10 AM;
- Side events:The ACG/RRG are currently coordinating the submission of collective side events, organized by the CSO FfD Group (in the name of the ACG and the Women’s WG on FfD, as it was done for Addis Ababa) with facilitating organizations. More information will be circulated in the next few days;
- Preparatory Calls: Two preparatory calls will also be organized in order to share information (first call during the first few days of April) and collect input by those that will not be able to participate to the session (immediately before the session). Dates and instructions for the call are being finalized and will be shared by the end of March.