The Civil Society Financing for Development (FfD) Group is seeking a Communications Officer to support the Group’s communication and outreach activities.
The Civil Society FfD Group is an open network representing a wide range of organizations, federations and networks from diverse regions and constituencies around the world (including the Women’s Working Group on FfD), interested and active in the UN’s Financing for Development Process and its interrelated domains, including debt, illicit financial flows, private finance, tax, official development assistance, trade and systemic issues. Interested candidates are encouraged to review the CS FfD Group website: https://csoforffd.org/
Society for International Development (SID) is the fiscal host of the Civil Society FfD Group and the successful candidate will be part of the SID team. For more information on SID: https://www.sidint.net/
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a communication strategy for the CS FfD Group
- Coordinate development of the CS FfD Group website and ensure that it is regularly updated
- Establish and manage social media accounts for the CS FfD Group
- Work closely with members of the CS FfD Group to facilitate drafting of common media messages and press releases
- Facilitate the design and production of communication materials and oversee the dissemination of the same including design, printing, blogs, infographics, videos and newsletter
- Assist in the organization of launch events, as well as the preparation of press releases, statements, interviews and other communication kits as might be required
- Facilitate contacts and relations with media networks and journalists
- Has at least 3 years of experience in social media, communication and press work
- Experience working in the development sector, especially on economic justice related issues, is desirable
- Has proven experience in producing content for various communications platforms
- Familiarity with and knowledge of popular content management systems for website management
- Video editing skills are desirable
- Is self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of the UN context is desirable
- Is fluent in English. Fluency in a second UN language (preferably Spanish) is desirable
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send:
- Their updated CV
- Names and contacts of 3 references
- A motivation letter explaining how they meet the selection criteria
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 28 February 2021. Please specify in the subject of the message “Vacancy_ FfD Communications Officer_name_surname”.
SID is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from people living in the Global South are particularly encouraged. All applications will be treated in confidence and will be pre-selected based on their fit with the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This is a remote position with flexible location.
The selected person will be offered a working contract for a one-year period with the possibility of a longer-term extension. Compensation will be communicated to short listed candidates. More detailed information will be shared during the interviews.